Ghana Northern Union, Chicago
Naa Issah Samori migrated to the United States in 1969. He is one of the pioneers whose contribution to the formation of Ghana Northern Union of Chicago in 1997 a success. Naa Samori was enskinned in 2000 following the sudden death of Naa T.A. Mohammed, co-founder of Ghana Northern Union. Naa Samori and Ghana Northern Union of Chicago lead the way in securing donations estimated over $3,000,000.00 of medical equipment and educational supplies to Northern, Upper East and Upper West Regions of Ghana. He is married with 2 children.
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR) Habiba Seidu-Fuseini, RN., MA. LCDR Fuseini graduated from Triton College, River Grove IL., (1992) with AAS; Chicago State University with a BSN (2000), and M.Ed (2008). She is a MSN-FNP candidate at Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL. LCDR Fuseini served in the U.S. Army from April 1999 to January 2012, before transitioning to the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corp. She’s currently assigned to the Federal Bureau of Prisons as a Commissioned Corp Nurse Officer.
Crowned in 1999 as the Pagnaa of Ghana Northern Union of Chicago, LCDR Fuseini’s major accomplishments includes: Teaming up with a Not-For-Profit organization in Indiana to deliver over $2,000,000.00 of medical equipment and supplies to Tamale Teaching hospital in 2010, $600,000.00 of medical equipment and supplies to Bolgatanga hospital in 2012 and currently working on medical equipment and supplies to Wa hospital. Prior to helping with the medical equipment, Pagnaa Habiba secured an Ambulance donated by the City of Chicago for Tamale Teaching Hospital, which members of Ghana Northern union contributed for the shipment to Ghana. Her goal is to continue helping others especially in the 3 Northern regions of Ghana. A mother of 3 children, she is married and lives in Chicago with her family.
Tiyumtaba Association, New Jersey
Tiyumtaba Association is a US – New Jersey based domestic nonprofit organization incorporated under the laws of the State of New Jersey. Tiyumtaba Associationis organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and social development purposes. Membership is open to any current resident of New Jersey and other states in the U.S with origin from Northern Ghana that supports the purpose. The association is totally funded by members’ contributions.
The purposes of this association are:
- To provide support to non-partisan, non-ethnic and non-sectarian local community-based nonprofit organizations that conduct educational and informational activities for the youth and early child development in the Northern Region of Ghana.
· To support such community-based organizations effort and initiatives for equal access to and opportunities for girl child education in Northern Ghana.
· To provide support to such community-based organizations that promotes the spirit of friendship and solidarity among the youth in the northern region of Ghana.
· To provide support to such community-based organizations that works to defend and protect the rights development of women and youth in the northern region.
· To support and promote the social and economic development and integration of the communities and peoples of Northern Region.
· To initiate an inter-northern institutional and extra-curricular activities such as sport and youth tourism to genuinely unite the people for development.
· To be fully involved in the peoples struggles against all forms of domination and exploitation, for peace, democracy and socio-economic development.
- To create and establish collaborations between Tiyumtaba and American /other international groups that support similar course in Ghana.
- To develop major sources of funding to support all of the above intended programs/projects.
President: Osman Shitu
Home Town: Yendi – Ghana
o University of Ghana – School of Business Administration; B.sc Accounting (Part)
o New Jersey City University: Undergraduate in Accounting (Part)
o Saint Peters College New Jersey: MBA Finance / MS Accounting
o Walden University: PhD in Public Policy Analysis – continuing
Contracting Officer/ Internal audit: National Head Quarters, Washington DC
United States Department of Agriculture
Natural Resources Conservation Service